Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Sunday 1 April 2012

Pope Benedict XVI Reads This Blog


A long time ago when I wrote my most popular post so far, I noticed on my site meter that someone in the Vatican had read it! I told my Wife, "The Holy Father reads my blog!" She then pointed out that it could in fact have been any one of the couple of thousand people who live at the Vatican. Not being one to let the facts get in the way of a good post, I've kept my eye on my site meter.

I first noted that my fan in the Vatican never looked at my blog while the Pope was offering The Holy Sacrifice of The Mass. This proves very little, I know, but it was a start. Then they stopped reading for a few days, during which time someone in Turkey started to read this blog. When the Pope and his entourage arrived back at the Vatican after the trip to Turkey, my Vatican reader was back on my site meter!

I've kept a list of who has and who hasn't been on each trip with the Holy Father since, as well as noting when the person at the Vatican stopped reading while away. With a process of elimination, by the time the Pope was in Mexico in March, I had narrowed it down to just two possibilities. Either the Pope or Fr John Bull (The official keeper of the Holy Father's poultry) reads this blog. Then the Pope landed in Cuba, leaving Fr Bull behind in Mexico to finish buying a few Mexican quails, and 'someone' in Cuba read my blog!

So there you have it, His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI reads my blog! And so Holy Father, please have a very, very Happy April Fools Day!

No comments: