Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Friday 27 May 2011

Annual GK Chesterton Pilgrimage



The Annual GK Chesterton Pilgrimage will take place on Tuesday 14th June. I say 'annual', but I'm not sure there has been one before. I had the idea while reading Dr William Oddie's Introduction to the book, The Holiness of GK Chesterton. "Have we now, seventy-three (now 75) years after Chesterton's death, reached a kind of tipping point in his reputation, of the same kind that Newman's reputation reached, leading to the opening of his cause in 1959, seventy-eight years after his death?" Well, yes I think so. The 75th anniversary of Chesterton's death seems like a good day to start.

On my way to work today I started to doubt if it was a good idea, or even if it was a good idea, should I call it? Then at lunch time Peter a volunteer at Good Counsel gave me his GK Chesterton Society Tie! So on Tuesday 14th June me and my Family will travel to Beaconsfield (Local Parish) to say the Prayer for the Beatification of GK Chesterton and the Rosary at his graveside, have lunch and who knows what else. Final details will be posted here by Friday (10th June) evening (Much later than planned. But we will just do the above, 12noon at the grave. This is in part due to Deanery meetings stopping some Priests attending. Also Paul has gone for a stroll in France, so will not be leading a group from Harrow on bicycles after all. Oh well if a thing is worth doing it is worth doing badly! Next year......). If you are unable to join us please do say the Prayer.

No comments: