Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Sorry You're Too Far On For Us To Abort Your Baby


"Sorry you're too far on for us to abort your Baby, go straight to the Hospital they can still do it." This is what the young 23 week pregnant Spanish girl said to her friend as she came out of the Whitfield Street (London) abortuary. I had already been speaking to her friend in my 'Spanish', so she was happy to talk for a few minutes. I was able to give her a help leaflet in Spanish and offer her the help she would need to continue her pregnancy. She went away to think things over. Despite being 23 weeks pregnant, she had only found out that she was pregnant five days ago! While this was going on we had 4 prayer supporters the other side of the road(see photo).

I don't know what that girl will do, but I know that most women going for an abortion do not receive any offer of help before they have a 'doctor' kill their child. Please come and pray at this abortuary in Whitfield Street, London, nearest stations are Warren Street and Great Portland Street, 9-1.30pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. (Contact Good Counsel 02077231740 for more details or contact The Helpers of God's Precious Infants for details of other locations around the country).

Note re my 'Spanish'. I have spent a number of years telling any of my Latin American friends and colleagues, that could not understand my 'Spanish', that this was because, 'I speak Spanish and not Latin American, sorry', much to the amusement/annoyance of them all! Both these girls were from Spain! But as they both spoke good English, the legend that I speak Spanish remains intact!

No comments: