Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Friday 4 February 2011

Priest Vapourised At Papal Visit To Birmingham, England


The story starts in 2080 with an elderly Priest reminiscing about his youth, at a party to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of his Ordination.
A young boy of about 8 asks him, "So tell us Father when did you first think that you might have a calling to the Priesthood?"
"I didn't 'think', I knew, in one moment when I was about your age back in the Summer of 2010. Blessed Pope Benedict XVI had come to visit Scotland & England and I was asked to help serve at the big Papal Mass in Cofton Park. What a Mass, only Priests distributing Holy Communion, people kneeling to receive from the Holy Father. I could feel the importance of the Priesthood, I could see that the Real Presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament was...well....Real!
But the Grace filled moment when I KNEW that I was called by God to be a Priest, came when the Holy Father took off his Mitre and my role was to hold it."
At that point St Michael walked into the Television room in Heaven and stopped the DVD player, "With all due respect Almighty One, it does no good watching the what-should-have-been DVD over and over again". So God pushed the what really happened button and watched the young girl hold the Holy Fathers Mitre instead.

No comments: