Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Wednesday 19 January 2011

'Light Of The World' Book, New Scandal!


Well I waited and waited, but a review copy just did not show up! Scandal or what! So then like a lowly member of the public I set off to the Catholic Truth Society (CTS) bookshop to buy a copy. The shame of it, I felt like Belloc walking around the Alps! Upon arrival I found the shop closed for stock taking! Could it get any worse?

A few days later, on other business I found myself at the CTS offices, so I asked if I could buy a copy. Where-upon I was told that they had sold out of ten thousand copies and would have no more copies until tomorrow!

And so, a few more days later, having been rightly told off for using my mobile phone in the CTS bookshop, I paid for a copy. I went home and gave this unsigned copy to my wonderful Wife who did so much to defend the Holy Father (do see her other posts in November 2010) when he was attacked over this book. Finally the Vatican did join in with my Wife's defence of the Holy Father.

No comments: