Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Chesterton Knew The Importance of Ecumenical Dialogue

Tuesday 2 November 2010

'Ann Widdecombe' Prays At Abortuary


My 3 year old son watches Strictly Come Dancing (we do turn quite a bit of it off) and is supporting Ann Widdecombe. This is because she said, ‘I have no raunchy side. I told producers ‘what I wouldn’t show the Pope, I won’t show the audience. And I would show the Pope very little.’

He has named his little lamb Ann Widdecombe. When I told him we were going to the 'clinic' to pray for the babies again last Wednesday evening, he insisted that Ann wanted to come with us, and so she did!

I just kept thinking about Jesus the Lamb of God, lambs to the slaughter, etc.

There have been many silent 'heroes' of the 40 Days for Life, my beautiful Wife had the first slot last Wednesday, see her post, but she was also there at the end of the day when we went to pray with her before driving her home. I parked the car at the abortuary, we prayed, went for something to eat, came back for the car to find a Catholic there at 9.15pm on his own quietly praying the Rosary. We told him, "well done" and went home.

No comments: